* [9fans] drawterm funny
@ 2005-10-19 12:16 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2005-10-19 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Anyone noticed a funny with Windows drawterm (maybe *unix also,
I don't have those here).

Some draw operators seem to result in no visible image via drawterm
whilst on native plan9 they work fine.

My example of this is abaco [1] doesn't draw any text (unless it is
selected with B3) when envoked via drawterm.

Fixing drawterm is the proper solution, however I am sure there must
be a way to redraw the screen slightly differently that will workaround
this one.

-Steve

[1] abaco is Federico Benavento's web browser for plan9 based
on earlier work by Aki Nyrhinen. This is a "work in progress" but it
functions surprisingly well already. /n/sources/contrib/fgb/abaco.tgz

* Re: [9fans] drawterm funny
@ 2005-10-19 21:47 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2005-10-19 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Anyone noticed a funny with Windows drawterm (maybe *unix also,
> I don't have those here).
>
> Some draw operators seem to result in no visible image via drawterm
> whilst on native plan9 they work fine.

yes; i've seen it very occasionally in acme+dt2k+win combo.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm funny
@ 2005-10-19 23:02   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-10-19 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> > Anyone noticed a funny with Windows drawterm (maybe *unix also,
> > I don't have those here).
> >
> > Some draw operators seem to result in no visible image via drawterm
> > whilst on native plan9 they work fine.
>
> yes; i've seen it very occasionally in acme+dt2k+win combo.

In Windows there has always been a text redraw
problem when drawing to the lower right corner of
the screen.  Try moving the window over to the left
side and see if the text is drawn properly there.
I wish I were making this up.

If it's consistent no matter where the screen is, then
it could be a problem with abaco not calling flushimage,
but I tried using abaco a week or so ago inside drawterm
with no problems.

Russ