* [9fans] 'Kdel' : undeclared identifier in screen-win.c of drawterm?
@ 2005-01-07 11:02 Robert Raschke
From: Robert Raschke @ 2005-01-07 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I'm attempting to build my own version of drawterm under Windows XP. I
want to hardwire some options.  But I'm running into one problem:

screen-win.c(408) : error C2065: 'Kdel' : undeclared identifier

( /sys/src/cmd/unix/drawterm/screen-win.c:408 )

The definition of the other K.* symbols lives in
/sys/src/cmd/unix/drawterm/keyboard.h:

enum {
	KF=	0xF000,	/* Rune: beginning of private Unicode space */
	Spec=	0xF800,
	/* KF|1, KF|2, ..., KF|0xC is F1, F2, ..., F12 */
	Khome=	KF|0x0D,
	Kup=	KF|0x0E,
	Kpgup=	KF|0x0F,
	Kprint=	KF|0x10,
	Kleft=	KF|0x11,
	Kright=	KF|0x12,
	Kdown=	Spec|0x00,
	Kview=	Spec|0x00,
	Kpgdown=	KF|0x13,
	Kins=	KF|0x14,
	Kend=	KF|0x18,

	Kalt=		KF|0x15,
	Kshift=	KF|0x16,
	Kctl=		KF|0x17,
};

Does anyone have a hint as to what value Kdel needs to be?

Also, I am assuming that the drawterm sources in the distribution are
up to date (with respect to various changes over the last year or so,
I remember changes introducing ssl).  If this wrong, please let me
know.

Thanks,
Robby

* Re: [9fans] 'Kdel' : undeclared identifier in screen-win.c of drawterm?
@ 2005-01-07 13:05 ` Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-01-07 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Robert,

RR> Hi,

RR> I'm attempting to build my own version of drawterm under Windows XP. I
RR> want to hardwire some options.  But I'm running into one problem:

RR> screen-win.c(408) : error C2065: 'Kdel' : undeclared identifier

RR> Does anyone have a hint as to what value Kdel needs to be?

if you mean code of Delete key in Windows XP it is VK_DELETE see
winuser.h

--
http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                            mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru

* Re: [9fans] 'Kdel' : undeclared identifier in screen-win.c of
@ 2005-01-07 13:52   ` Robert Raschke
From: Robert Raschke @ 2005-01-07 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rs_rlab, 9fans

> if you mean code of Delete key in Windows XP it is VK_DELETE see
> winuser.h

No, that one is found fine.

Kdel seems to be a drawterm specific enum value.  There are a whole
bunch of them defined in the drawterm code: Khome, Kup, Kpgup, Kprint,
Kleft, Kright, Kdown, Kview, Kpgdown, Kins, Kend, Kalt, Kshift, Kctl.
I believe they are Runes (aka unicode wide char), but located in (as
the comment in keyboard.h states) private Unicode space.

Hmm, checking similar code in the real kernel finds a lot of similar
enum values in /sys/src/9/pc/kbd.c . and one of them is:
	Del=		0x7F,

I'll try adding a Kdel=0x7F into keyboard.h and see what happens.

@ 2005-01-07 14:28     ` Robert Raschke
From: Robert Raschke @ 2005-01-07 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I wrote:
> Kdel seems to be a drawterm specific enum value.  There are a whole
> bunch of them defined in the drawterm code: Khome, Kup, Kpgup, Kprint,
> Kleft, Kright, Kdown, Kview, Kpgdown, Kins, Kend, Kalt, Kshift, Kctl.
> I believe they are Runes (aka unicode wide char), but located in (as
> the comment in keyboard.h states) private Unicode space.
>
> Hmm, checking similar code in the real kernel finds a lot of similar
> enum values in /sys/src/9/pc/kbd.c . and one of them is:
> 	Del=		0x7F,
>
> I'll try adding a Kdel=0x7F into keyboard.h and see what happens.

Just to say that adding Kdel=0x7F into keyboard.h seems to have
worked.  At least I haven't yet seen any ill effects and my hardwired
drawterm is working nicely.

Robby