* [9fans] etherrhine problems
@ 2004-02-23 22:13 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-23 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the ituner box here hangs with a suspicious problem:

	etherrhine: unhandled irq(s).  isr:208 misr:0

the Isr (11010000\B) points to a Tx buffer underflow (TxBufUdf), bus
error (BusErr) and a CRC overflow (CrcOvf)..

has anyone else experienced this?

andrey

* Re: [9fans] etherrhine problems
@ 2004-02-23 22:39 ` jmk
From: jmk @ 2004-02-23 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon Feb 23 17:14:41 EST 2004, mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca wrote:
> the ituner box here hangs with a suspicious problem:
>
> 	etherrhine: unhandled irq(s).  isr:208 misr:0
>
> the Isr (11010000\B) points to a Tx buffer underflow (TxBufUdf), bus
> error (BusErr) and a CRC overflow (CrcOvf)..
>
> has anyone else experienced this?
>
> andrey

My interpretation of those bits is different, I'd say you had a Tx FIFO underflow.
Looking at the driver it doesn't seem to set the Tcr anywhere so you'll get the
default, try setting it to something larger, say store and forward. There's no
setting of the receive configuration either..
Of course, the datasheet is sketchy at best and I could be completely mistaken as
to what's going on.