* [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopycock
@ 2007-05-07 10:21 Saint Sexburga
From: Saint Sexburga @ 2007-05-07 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> If another wheelbarrow offers you candy, get your back to the wall quickly...

Well, I thought it was probably Choate, but after this I'm pretty sure
it's one of the Shaney clan.

Denny Crane!!

* Re: [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopycock
@ 2007-05-07 22:14     ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2007-05-07 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

well, quite, but i was just trying to make it clear that it's mainly
when doing arithmetic with it that you need an explicit type.
so if you're not doing that, don't bother.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2816 bytes --]

From: "Steve Simon" <steve@quintile.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopycock
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 22:14:14 +0100

> exceptions (hardly ever seen)?
>
> 	p = (char*)malloc(25) + 3;

Sorry to continue the thread we hate, but I
would be become quite rude if I met the
author of code like this.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopycock
@ 2007-05-07 21:14   ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2007-05-07 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2007-05-07 20:17 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2007-05-07 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> off-topic is whether it's OK to cast the return value from malloc.

in plan 9, usually, don't bother: it's pointless and anything necessary happens anyway.

@ 2007-05-07 10:27 ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2007-05-07 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Denny Crane!!

Federico G. Benavento!!

--
Federico G. Benavento

* [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopycock
@ 2007-05-07 10:25 Saint Sexburga
From: Saint Sexburga @ 2007-05-07 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

PS - Sorry Russ, this thread is probably off-topic. I'd take it to
comp.lang.c, were it not that the only topic there that isn't

@ 2007-05-07 10:15 ` W B Hacker
From: W B Hacker @ 2007-05-07 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-05-07 10:13 Saint Sexburga