* [9fans] n00b question (probably) about permanent auth and
@ 2012-12-10  9:37 Luke Evans
From: Luke Evans @ 2012-12-10  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Having known about Plan 9 for *years*, it's availability on the Raspberry Pi has finally lowered the bar enough for me to bother finding out about this intriguing OS.

So, now I have Plan 9 running happily (with networking apparently happy and working) I'd like to make whatever configurations changes would allow _any_ users that I henceforth create to be able to connect via a drawterm from another host.

I see that's it's pretty easy, when logged in as glenda on the Pi, to enable temporary connections from drawterm:

echo 'key proto=p9sk1 dom=plan9 user=glenda !password=MYPASS' >/mnt/factotum/ctl
aux/listen1 -t tcp!*!ncpu /bin/cpu -R &

This works perfectly (and btw to have drawterm cocoa for MacOS X is very cool!)... but I now want to make this a permanent thing, potentially for all users.

Presumably I must set up the listener in some config file that gets run when the system boots.  Where is the canonical place to do this (or otherwise how should it be done)?

Then, I imagine any new users must have appropriate authenticate set up.  I think I see that this can be configured in a user's own keystore (beneath their home directory), but again some clear advice on what is considered standard/correct would be great.  Presumably, the authentication server will already be running, but if not is there anything else I need to configure in a startup script?

Thanks!!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-12-10  9:37 UTC | newest]