* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-26 17:42 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2009-02-26 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I doubt that is the reason.  The tag-line will just jump the whole
line of text if such a resize takes place.  You would not get a black
line to hide it -- at least, that is the case in acme on native Plan
9.  Where are you using it?

ak

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3317 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 133 bytes --]

its because you dont want half a line of text shown.  it can only resize and
have the thin bar for full increments of text.

Mog

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 140 bytes --]

* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-28 17:45       ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-02-28 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

yes, I execute Font for each window I want to.
OK, got the point, thanks.

--
Hugo

* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-28  1:47       ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2009-02-28  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-27 18:52       ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-02-27 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> IIRC, acme tries to move the tag bar a line at a time, but does so
> using the sizes of your tag bar font (-f). you'll see this behavior
> occurs because the different heights on the fonts mean you can't
> satisfy both of them with whole-row-only moves. acme won't ever
> display part of a line of text.
>
> doesn't address whether the gap should be black or not, but that's why
> it exists.

i don't understand why different fonts would cause this.
why is there need for slop in the tag?  one doesn't need
any relationship between the tag text and the frame text
so all the slop can be eliminated from the tag and added
to the frame.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-27 18:51     ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2009-02-27 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:26 AM, hugo rivera <uair00@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes.
> The tag fonts are $PLAN9/font/luc/unicode.7.font and the window fonts
> are $PLAN9/font/fixed/unicode.6x13.font, from plan9port.
> They look neat, if you ask me.

If you watch what acme does as you resize the window you can see it
fits the vertical size to a multiple of font size. Same for the tag
line. If you start with one configuration of your fonts, with the tag
being around 16% larger than the window font, the reason for the black
line changing size after a resize should be pretty obvious. This
doesn't strike me as a bug. It's doing what you asked it to do, as
well as satisfying other constraints.

ron

* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-27 18:45     ` Anthony Sorace
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2009-02-27 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2009-02-27 17:26   ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-02-27 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

--
Hugo

* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-27 16:45 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2009-02-27 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2009-02-27  4:14     ` sqweek
From: sqweek @ 2009-02-27  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/2/27 erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>:
> On Thu Feb 26 12:24:36 EST 2009, mog-lists@rldn.net wrote:
>
>> its because you dont want half a line of text shown.  it can only resize and
>> have the thin bar for full increments of text.
>>
>> Mog
>>

> i think this is still a bug.  the slop should not be part of the tag
> it should be part of the frame and wherever it is,  it should be
> background color, not black.
>
> - erik

 I kind of like black in that it makes it obvious. In p9p the slop is
the background colour, but when the mouse is over it your keypresses
go nowhere instead of to the frame. Of course this probably qualifies
as another bug :)
-sqweek

* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-26 17:35   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-02-26 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2009-02-26 17:32   ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-02-26 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

OK, I get it, but maybe Acme can force you to show full lines of text
instead of increasing the bar width?
It just looks a little odd, but nevermind, isn't that important

--
Hugo

* Re: [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-26 17:23 ` Matthew O'Gorman
From: Matthew O'Gorman @ 2009-02-26 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

its because you dont want half a line of text shown.  it can only resize and
have the thin bar for full increments of text.

Mog

* [9fans] Acme huge bar
@ 2009-02-26 16:58 hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-02-26 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)