* [9fans] replica/pull..
@ 2002-05-28 12:37 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-05-28 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On a standlone server the command

replica/pull -v /tmp/network produces the error:

srv tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com: mount failed: authentication failed
bind: /n/sources/plan9: '/n/sources' does not exist
servermount: bind 293: bind

(/tmp/network is the script posted here by rsc)

-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] 9660srv
@ 2002-05-28 16:05 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-28 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Uhhh.. How do I get a copy? My Plan9 machine isn't connected to the
> net, and I use SneakerNet(tm) to move files over from the family PC
> that is.

For this specific case it happens that we repackaged
the installation archive after I fixed 9660srv,
so you could download a new installation archive,
write it to a CD, mount the CD on /n/dist, and then run

	cp /n/dist/dist/replica/cd /tmp/cd
	chmod +x /tmp/cd
	disk/kfscmd allow
	replica/pull /tmp/cd
	disk/kfscmd disallow

I realize that's a large amount of data to grab
to get such a small fix (I would just live with the
broken 9660srv, in this case).

We don't have a good story for you in general.
We assumed that people would be connected to the
network while running Plan 9.  It would take a
non-trivial amount of work to reverse that
assumption.

Sorry.
Russ

* Re: [9fans] 9660srv
@ 2002-05-28  9:31   ` Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2002-05-28  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com (Russ Cox) wrote in message news:<c9899e046abb1572c0a1f144b84f3ee3@plan9.bell-labs.com>...
> I think I forgot to mention this before.
>
> I pushed a fixed 9660srv out to sources yesterday.
> It fixes the stale data cd mounting problem that
> has been bothering pac.  The bug didn't exist
> in 3e -- I rewrote the disk cache to use the disk
> better and got a bit more than I bargained for.
>
> Russ

Uhhh.. How do I get a copy? My Plan9 machine isn't connected to the
net, and I use SneakerNet(tm) to move files over from the family PC
that is.

thanks,
Joel

* Re: [9fans] 9660srv
@ 2002-05-27  8:57 ` peter a. cejchan
From: peter a. cejchan @ 2002-05-27  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com (Russ Cox) wrote in message news:<c9899e046abb1572c0a1f144b84f3ee3@plan9.bell-labs.com>...
> I think I forgot to mention this before.
>
> I pushed a fixed 9660srv out to sources yesterday.
> It fixes the stale data cd mounting problem that
> has been bothering pac.  The bug didn't exist
> in 3e -- I rewrote the disk cache to use the disk
> better and got a bit more than I bargained for.
>
> Russ

Thanks a lot! I gonna give it a try.
++pac.

* [9fans] 9660srv