* [9fans] HELO & /dev/sysname
@ 2003-09-23  1:54 matt
From: matt @ 2003-09-23  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

my /dev/sysname is tiger
my ipnet is called punx

Subsequently when I try and send email some mailservers reject mail when tiger.punx is given as my HELO domain.

I can perform a dance to get mail to be sent using upas/smtp but I cannot repeat this dance from within Acme or nedmail.

I though that I could bind something over /dev/sysname in my profile but that sounds plain wrong.

Any suggestions ?

matt

* Re: [9fans] HELO & /dev/sysname
@ 2003-09-23  8:31 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2003-09-23  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If environment variable 'site' is defined, its value will be used for
the HELO message instead of /dev/sysname.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2456 bytes --]