* [9fans] drawterm factotum interference in 9front
@ 2024-04-30 18:57 wb.kloke
From: wb.kloke @ 2024-04-30 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

When I use drawterm to access 9front from FreeBSD with a running factotum, no additional user identification is needed.
This is fine, as long as I do not try to use another identity. Factotum seems to overrid any -u user option in the drawterm command.  It logs me in always as myself, even if I add the other identity to factotum.

BTW. I would like to see a way to build a drawterm without gui, as installing X11 libs for nothing else than compiling a drawterm on a remote server is annoying. My main application of  drawterm -g is exporting factotum from a 9front system, as plan9port factotum does not support dp9ik.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm factotum interference in 9front
@ 2024-05-03 16:10 ` Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2024-05-03 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 4/30/24 13:57, wb.kloke@gmail.com wrote:
> BTW. I would like to see a way to build a drawterm without gui, as installing X11 libs for nothing else than compiling a drawterm on a remote server is annoying. My main application of  drawterm -g is exporting factotum from a 9front system, as plan9port factotum does not support dp9ik.

This is in part why I wrote tlsclient: https://github.com/majiru/tlsclient

Thanks,
moody

* Re: [9fans] drawterm factotum interference in 9front
@ 2024-05-03 16:32 ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2024-05-03 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> BTW. I would like to see a way to build a drawterm without gui, as
> installing X11 libs for nothing else than compiling a drawterm on a
> remote server is annoying.

It's actually pretty straightforward to build drawterm without X11.

I've experimented it here:

https://github.com/0intro/conterm

--
David du Colombier