From: sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9fans@sirjofri.de>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Foundation new releases question
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 17:03:05 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

01.04.2021 18:31:38 leimy2k via 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>:
> What's the recommended way to participate in the foundation's community
> for new releases?
>
> I've been very interested in trying out the various Plan 9 forks these
> days, and I see that the foundation page actively links to 9legacy. Is
> that the official fork of the foundation going forward?
>
> There's been a bit of drift between the forks, down to the fields of
> the Srv struct which might make it trickier to port some of the good
> work being done between forks.
>
> Sorry if this has been covered in some other way!
>
> Looking forward to how everything plays out and thanks to everyone
> who's been keeping Plan 9 rolling over the years.

I know only 4 currently active Plan 9 systems. (1) The official 4e
release, which is ... well it works, I guess. (2) 9legacy, which is 4e
plus patches (fixes and modern stuff). (3) the RPi forks. (4) 9front,
which might be the biggest and the farthest away from 4e, but maybe also
the system which supports most hardware, maybe.

sirjofri