* [9fans] udp change
@ 2003-04-18 20:49 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-04-18 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I chickened out.  I was too afraid of breaking everyone's DHCP and DNS
so that they couldn't boot.  I added a "headers++" control message (and removed
the "headers4" one).  Look at the new /sys/include/ip.h for documentation.

After people have had time to build/boot new kernels, I'll release
new user programs that use the "headers++" stuff and eventually
phase out "headers".

* Re: [9fans] udp change
@ 2003-04-18 21:13 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-04-18 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rsc pointsout that if I don't mind taking longer to make it all work, I
can do the following:

	- put out new binaries that write both "oldheaders" and "headers"
	- put out new kernel with both
	- put out new binaries with just "headers"
	- put out new kernel with just "headers"

And we aren't left with the ++ for all time.

I may do that instead.  It just means that I have to delay putting out the
new udp.c for a while.  I'll do it...

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1592 bytes --]