* Re: [9fans] Newbie needs help!
@ 2002-09-29  1:43 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-29  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

At the "root is from" prompt, hit enter.
At the "user[none]" prompt, type "glenda" (no quotes) and hit enter.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Newbie needs help!
@ 2002-09-29  2:06 ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2002-09-29  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: hangar18-general

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, LacOniC wrote:

> Hi! I am very new to Plan 9. In fact very new to an OS that is different from Windows. Can u tell
> me how will i start session ? When i boot Plan 9 , "root from..." seems. When i type something
> only "root from....[something]" happens. =)Plz dont say "So use windows etc." Tell me the
> startup. I will learn others myself. For example i can reboot. In fact i only can reboot. "ctrl
> +T ctrl T +r". Thanks in advance.

There additional help at Open Forge. Join the hangar18-general list and
ask away...

    We don't see things as they are,                      ravage@ssz.com
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  jchoate@open-forge.org