* Re: [9fans] fresh install
@ 2002-08-30  2:21 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-08-30  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you really have just installed the system on a single
machine, then there is no user/password/key database.
There is a user/uid database in /adm/users, and to get
permission to edit that you can use disk/kfscmd allow
as described in
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Kfs_file_system_configuration

If you've really set up a standalone auth server,
you want to use auth/changeuser as described in
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Configuring_a_standalone_CPU_server

Russ

* [9fans] fresh install
@ 2002-08-30  2:16 Yuriy Yermilov
From: Yuriy Yermilov @ 2002-08-30  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I have just installed plan9 the fourth edition, and I've been trying to
configure a new user on the system.
I tried logging on as adm, since that's the user that has the access to
the user/password/key dbase;
however when I try to login as adm, I get an 'authentication failed'
error, and then after a dump the cpu exits...

Any idea on how I am supposed to create a new user with such limited access?