* [9fans] audiohda
@ 2014-04-01 15:15 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-04-01 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on this.
the hda manual isn't that easy to read.  :-)

i have a mac pro with an audiohda chipset that works,
but the gain is 0.  this is because aout has no out amp
(0x11 & 4)==0.

i'm not sure if the issue is that we need to
walk the widget chain until we find an out amp, or if
we need to connect a different chain of widgets, or
if this is simply an error, and we can set it anyway.

ideas?

(oh, the atom usb stick can be installed on a mac pro.
just dd the image to a hard drive, and proceed as normal.
make sure not to overwrite the install image while installing.
there's no safety check for that.  word of caution: the onboard
nic is not working yet.)

- erik

; cat /dev/audiostat
bufsize   1024 buffered      0
codec  0 pin  21
pin  20 out nothing ext N/A lineout ?
pin  21 out jack ext rear lineout green
pin  22 out nothing ext N/A lineout ?
pin  23 out nothing ext N/A lineout ?
pin  24 out jack ext front hpout green
pin  25 out jack ext rear linein blue
pin  26 out fix int N/A speaker ?
pin  27 out nothing ext N/A lineout ?
pin  28 in nothing ext N/A lineout ?
pin  29 in nothing ext N/A lineout ?
pin  30 out jack ext rear spdifout white
pin  31 in jack ext rear spdifin white
path   2 aout 11 0 0 →  12 amix 20010f 0 0 →  21 pin 40018f 1014150 373c

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-04-01 15:15 UTC | newest]