* Re: [9fans] Issues with USB mouse in 9atom
@ 2015-09-22 20:38 Roswell Grey
From: Roswell Grey @ 2015-09-22 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yeah, I installed from the CD. But that image is for amd64, correct? a 64
bit processor? My junk computer is an old gateway, with a celeron D, a
whopping 256 MB of ram, and a full 100 GB hard disk space. But since this
is 32 bit to my knowledge, would a possible solution involve making a
bootable flash disk from this distribution within my installation?

@ 2015-09-22 21:58 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2015-09-22 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Yeah, I installed from the CD. But that image is for amd64, correct? a 64
> bit processor? My junk computer is an old gateway, with a celeron D, a
> whopping 256 MB of ram, and a full 100 GB hard disk space. But since this
> is 32 bit to my knowledge, would a possible solution involve making a
> bootable flash disk from this distribution within my installation?
>
> > i don't see any confirmation, but it looks like the install was from the
> > cd image?
> > if so, i recommend using the usb install image instead
> >
> >         http://ftp.9atom.org/other/usbinstamd64.bz2
> >
> > this *should* fix all those issues.  posting a few details on the
> > processor might
> > be helpful in figuring out any issues.

either 32 or 64 bit kernels can be built from the usb image.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Issues with USB mouse in 9atom
@ 2015-09-23  0:44   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2015-09-23  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I mentioned booted.

- erik

@ 2015-09-23  2:23     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2015-09-23  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue Sep 22 17:47:17 PDT 2015, quanstro@quanstro.net wrote:
> I mentioned booted.
>
> - erik
>

> On Sep 22, 2015 2:58 PM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, I installed from the CD. But that image is for amd64, correct? a 64
> > > bit processor? My junk computer is an old gateway, with a celeron D, a
> > > whopping 256 MB of ram, and a full 100 GB hard disk space. But since this
> > > is 32 bit to my knowledge, would a possible solution involve making a
> > > bootable flash disk from this distribution within my installation?

> > either 32 or 64 bit kernels can be built from the usb image.

well, autocorrect ftw!  that was supposed to say, both the 32- and 64-bit
kernels can be /booted/ from the usb image, so your hardware should be
fine.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Issues with USB mouse in 9atom
@ 2015-09-22 11:21 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2015-09-22 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2015-09-22  0:04 ` erik quanstrom