* [9fans] fs configuration botch
@ 2006-08-18 14:11 erik quanstrom, erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom, erik quanstrom @ 2006-08-18 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

in rereading the fs configuration information and
my actual fs configuration i see that i have
	c[w.0.<0-1>.0]p(h0.0.0)02.98
but i think i wanted
	c[w.0.<0-1>.0]fp(h0.0.0)02.98
with an "f".

is there any way to save this configuration?
that is, does "f" change the disk represnetation or
only the semantics?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] fs configuration botch
@ 2006-08-18 18:14 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2006-08-18 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

As per the discussion of a week or so ago, fake worms ("f" devices)
have a bitmap of written blocks at the end of the underlying device or
partition.  I think you'll have to ream the fake worm (or more likely
the whole cached worm) to create the bitmaps.

* Re: [9fans] fs configuration botch
@ 2006-08-18 18:34   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-08-18 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

just to be clear: i want to do this?

	halt
	# reboot fs
	config
	fsys main c[w.0.<0-1>.0]fp(h0.0.0)02.98
	ream
	end

sorry for being pedantic but i don't like losing data.
(even if i can recreated it.)

- erik

@ 2006-08-18 18:44     ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2006-08-18 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Almost; you should backup anything of value in main first, since ream
will empty it, and declare the dump file system after, like this:

	# backup main elsewhere
	halt
	# reboot fs
	config