* [9fans] authentication by LDAP?
@ 2005-12-29 22:32 Paweł Lasek
From: Paweł Lasek @ 2005-12-29 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi.

I'm in following situation:

We want to have a plan9 machine in school, however, it must share it's
users database (usernames, passwords, privs and so on) with NetBSD and
Linux. Not only that, we need shared home directories and texmf tree
(we don't have much space so why waste it)

network is made of 3 virtual machines:

nexus: Linux Xen 2.0 host, main server, stores all files
devil: NetBSD 3.0/xen-guest
usagi: Plan9, xen-guest

What I am looking for is a way to hook plan9's databases into LDAP or
something similar, so I could change only the global repository.

Even better if it would be possible to set the rest, like ndb by it :-)

And what about DHCP? For some reason I can't get ISC DHCPD to give
valid info about auth servers and so on, would it work to use
plan9port and plan9's dhcp server?

--
Paweł Lasek
"Once a hitokiri, always a hitokiri. This will never change" - Jine-Ei