* [9fans] FYI, glendix new 13 syscalls
@ 2008-08-27  9:51 simplicity
From: simplicity @ 2008-08-27  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

A quick status update: 13 system calls have been implemented - just
enough to get a basic set of utilities running. So far we have cat,
sed, grep, 8c and a few others to run. Notable executables that don?t
work are 8l, ls, awk and sam (either because they look for filesystems
that aren?t there, or depend on stat which isn?t implemented correctly
as of yet).

Grab sources via git from here.
http://sources.glendix.org/?p=gitroot/glendix/main.git;a=summary

All the files inside syscall/ are to be put inside the linux kernel
tree (replacing files with the same name). The files inside loader/
are just a normal kernel module. Both together will let you execute
native Plan 9 binaries in Linux.

Patches, comments and suggestions are most welcome!
http://glendix.org/

TIA

* Re: [9fans] FYI, glendix new 13 syscalls
@ 2008-08-28 19:02 ` john
From: john @ 2008-08-28 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hi,
>
> A quick status update: 13 system calls have been implemented - just
> enough to get a basic set of utilities running. So far we have cat,
> sed, grep, 8c and a few others to run. Notable executables that don?t
> work are 8l, ls, awk and sam (either because they look for filesystems
> that aren?t there, or depend on stat which isn?t implemented correctly
> as of yet).
>
> Grab sources via git from here.
> http://sources.glendix.org/?ptroot/glendix/main.git;ammary
>
>All the files inside syscall/ are to be put inside the linux kernel
>tree (replacing files with the same name). The files inside loader/
>are just a normal kernel module. Both together will let you execute
>native Plan 9 binaries in Linux.
>
>Patches, comments and suggestions are most welcome!
>http://glendix.org/
>
>TIA

All the applications of Plan 9, with all the lightweight sensible
kernel goodness of Linux?  ;)

Kidding aside, looks fairly interesting.  I look forward to seeing it
when completed.

John