* [9fans] marshal
@ 2006-11-28  9:58 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2006-11-28  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

After a year of putting up with it I tracked down why I cannot
forward emails via our Exchange server.

It insists on the 822 From: line agreeing with the SMTP
MAIL FROM: name, giving:

	"454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to Send As this sender"

if the latter is unknown.

Normally I use /mail/box/$user/headers to force a From: line containing my real
name and the email address exchange likes but marshal does not read this when
presented with the '-n' arg (no standard input), which nedmail uses for forwarding.

Anyone know/rembember/guess why this might be?

I cannot think why marshal would not read /mail/box/$user/headers (except the
-8 "read RFC822 headers from input" option).

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] marshal
@ 2006-11-28 11:46 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-11-28 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

perhaps they wanted the original sender to show up
in faces?  nedmail adding the -n argument seems like
a mistake to me.

- erik