* [9fans] acme stuck
@ 2003-03-06 18:48 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2003-03-06 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I was trying to see why showmail messages weren't showing up
(playing with ahist),  and I got acme wedged. I'm trying to understand why.

I button-3 on  /mnt/plumb/rules and then button-3 on "showmail"
inside of that file (the intent was to Look) and that gets the input
stuck (mouse and keyboard).  What happened?

* Re: [9fans] acme stuck
@ 2003-03-06 18:53 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2003-03-06 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I button-3 on  /mnt/plumb/rules and then button-3 on "showmail"
> inside of that file (the intent was to Look) and that gets the input
> stuck (mouse and keyboard).  What happened?

Clarification: I know it tried to open /mnt/plumb/showmail, but what
is happening to keyboard and mouse input to acme?

* Re: [9fans] acme stuck
@ 2003-03-06 20:29   ` David Gordon Hogan
From: David Gordon Hogan @ 2003-03-06 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> I button-3 on  /mnt/plumb/rules and then button-3 on "showmail"
>> inside of that file (the intent was to Look) and that gets the input
>> stuck (mouse and keyboard).  What happened?
>
> Clarification: I know it tried to open /mnt/plumb/showmail, but what
> is happening to keyboard and mouse input to acme?

That's how opening a file works in acme -- the user interface
is unavailable until the operation completes.  In the case of
/mnt/plumb/showmail, reading the file blocks and so it
never finishes.