* [9fans] IEEE 802.1x support?
@ 2003-04-24 20:17 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2003-04-24 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On our campus they are going to use IEEE 802.1x
for authentication on the wireless lan.

Just curious:
could there happen to be any plan 9 support for that?
If not: any opinions on the chances of porting (e.g.) open1x
(http://www.open1x.org)?

Axel.

* Re: [9fans] IEEE 802.1x support?
@ 2003-04-24 20:21 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-04-24 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Just talked to sape about it since he's on a plane there right
now.  It doesn't look that bad.  Sape picked up one of the
ports and is probably making it work while he watches the
world pass underneath him.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2747 bytes --]

From: Axel Belinfante <Axel.Belinfante@cs.utwente.nl>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] IEEE 802.1x support?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:17:17 +0200

@ 2003-04-24 20:24   ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2003-04-24 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Cool!!

Axel.

Dave responded:

I wrote:

> On our campus they are going to use IEEE 802.1x
> for authentication on the wireless lan.
>
> Just curious:
> could there happen to be any plan 9 support for that?
> If not: any opinions on the chances of porting (e.g.) open1x
> (http://www.open1x.org)?

* Re: [9fans] IEEE 802.1x support?
@ 2003-04-24 20:46     ` Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2003-04-24 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Cool!!
>
>> Just talked to sape about it since he's on a plane there right
>> now.  It doesn't look that bad.  Sape picked up one of the
>> ports and is probably making it work while he watches the
>> world pass underneath him.

Don't hold your breath.  And I'm still on the ground.

	Sape

* [9fans] IEEE 802.1X support?
@ 2004-05-26 18:23 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2004-05-26 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Just curious: what's the current status w.r.t. 802.1X support?
(assuming it's not there:) What would be needed for it?
Does it build on basic blocks that we already have,
or would it need lots of new things (crypto algos etc.)?

Axel. (not holding my breath :-)