* [9fans] supported modern laptops
@ 2019-05-20 14:47 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2019-05-20 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It's time for a new laptop, one that will dual boot OpenBSD and
9front.  Looking through the FQA, the hardware listed there is a
wee bit on the dated side.  I'm curious to here peoples experiences
running on more current gear.

My requirements aren't too esoteric.  I need something that will
take *lots* of RAM (I'll be running several VMs under OpenBSD), has
a DVD writer, and has a 9front-supported wifi NIC.  9front audio
support would be nice, but lack of it is no big deal.

Oh, and lots of USB-A ports, if that's even possible on modern
hardware any more :-P

Thanks!

--lyndon

* Re: [9fans] supported modern laptops
@ 2019-05-20 15:09 sl
From: sl @ 2019-05-20 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

thinkpad x250 (see related entry in fqa3).

everything works.  mine is 1920x1080 ips.

nothing newer is tested, but when we started, nothing newer than t23
was tested.

sl

* Re: [9fans] supported modern laptops
@ 2019-05-20 17:12 sl