* [9fans] Registering USB ids for 9P
@ 2011-04-26  0:47 Maurício CA
From: Maurício CA @ 2011-04-26  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi, all,

Wouldn't it be interesting (and, I guess, affordable for some
companies who could benefit from that) to register an USB vendor id for
9P/styx? Interfaces identifying themselves with that id would give
access to its functionality throw 9P, much like mass storage already
does for data.

This would take, I believe, considerable work in defining the standard
communication protocol, but being able to just insert a USB device and
see it throw the filesystem would be, to say the least, a revolution on
how we interact with devices.

Best,

Maurício

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-04-26  0:47 UTC | newest]