* Re: [9fans] KF|12, etc
@ 2014-03-22 22:06 Erik Quanstrom
From: Erik Quanstrom @ 2014-03-22 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

example: apple USB full sized kbd.  f13 doesn't work.  it has up to f18 USB does define these keys.

cinap_lenrek@felloff.net wrote:

>this is hexadecimal. KF|1 .. KF|0xC -> F1 .. F12.
>not sure tho about F13-F24. never seen a keyboard
>like that.
>
>--
>cinap

* Re: [9fans] KF|12, etc
@ 2014-03-23  5:59   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-03-23  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I suspect it was meant to describe a new internal sequence of values in the
> 0x1x range, which wasn't thought to be used.

i ment the question in terms of how to we fix it in a coordinated way.
it's not just the f keys, but there are other keys that are common these
days that seem useful.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] KF|12, etc
@ 2014-03-23  3:09 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2014-03-23  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2014-03-23  1:01   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-03-23  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

also, i mix up kbd.c with /sys/include/keyboard.h.  sorry.
why keyboard.h uses hex is beyond me.  nobody ever says
press the f0xa key.

kbd.c has the more sensible

	Home=		KF|13,		/* failure of vision; collides with f keys */
	Up=		KF|14,
	Pgup=		KF|15,

but it's also true that f11,f12 did not work before with usb.
that was a table issue.  (patch submitted.)

- erik

* Re: [9fans] KF|12, etc
@ 2014-03-22 21:58 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2014-03-22 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

this is hexadecimal. KF|1 .. KF|0xC -> F1 .. F12.
not sure tho about F13-F24. never seen a keyboard
like that.

--
cinap

* [9fans] KF|12, etc
@ 2014-03-22 20:03 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-03-22 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

as i mentioned before, these definitions are puzzling:

	Kleft=	KF|0x11,
	Kright=	KF|0x12,

these overlap with f11 and f12. since f11-f24 are all defined,
wouldn't it make more sense to move Kleft, etc. out of the way?

- erik