* [9fans] What do I enter at boot prompt?
@ 2002-11-26  9:49 jqp5002
From: jqp5002 @ 2002-11-26  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have D/Led the ISO image and burned a CD. I can browse the CD under
Win98. I get a prompt when I try to boot from the CD that I do not
know how to respond to.

Boot Devices: fd0 sdC0!dos
Boot from:

If I hit enter here, a line feed and the 'Boot From:' prompt on the
new line are displayed.

If I enter one of the 'Boot Devices', i.e., 'fd0', I get a message
that the syntax is 'Drive!partition!file'. What is being looked for?
It appears to be looking for a file, but I don't find a file on the
root of the cd that would allow me to boot. If I am to use a
subdirectory (386? I am using Intel CPU) what file allows me to boot
into Plan9 from the CD?

I am willing to RTFM, but I would appreciate some idea of where in TFH
I should R!  :)

Thanks.

* Re: [9fans] What do I enter at boot prompt?
@ 2002-11-26 15:15 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-11-26 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Unfortunately this means the boot loader
can't find your CD-ROM drive.  Is it SCSI?
Something proprietary?  (Not ATAPI?)

Russ