* [9fans] notebooks
@ 2006-10-29 18:07 Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2006-10-29 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

my t23 is finally starting to fail, frequently, and i
might need a replacement urgently.
which notebooks with screens at least 1400x1050 work with plan 9 native?
(`vesa' graphics mode might be fine.)  it's a bonus if it has got
an 802 wireless for which a native driver could be written.
i looked at the wiki but can't easily tell machine characteristics from that.

* Re: [9fans] notebooks
@ 2006-10-29 18:53 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2006-10-29 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 06:07:49PM +0000, Charles Forsyth wrote:
> my t23 is finally starting to fail, frequently, and i
> might need a replacement urgently.
> which notebooks with screens at least 1400x1050 work with plan 9 native?
> (`vesa' graphics mode might be fine.)  it's a bonus if it has got
> an 802 wireless for which a native driver could be written.
> i looked at the wiki but can't easily tell machine characteristics from that.

I don't know about Native, but a MacBook with parallels is scratching
so many itches for me right now that I feel quite comfortable.

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] notebooks
@ 2006-10-30  8:58 ` Alexander Sychev
From: Alexander Sychev @ 2006-10-30  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi!

I use IBM ThinkPad T40 <http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T40>, it works
with vesa (I tried Philippe Anel's Radeon driver, it hasn't worked yet)
and wired network.
It also have (but they don't work with plan9) Cisco Aironet Wireless
802.11b and AC'97 Audio controller.
Two PCMCIA sockets have to work, but I haven't made they work yet.
It works with 1024x768 display, but it seems there is a modification of
this notebook with 1400x1050 display.

--
Best regards,
   santucco