* [9fans] SCSI Support
@ 2000-08-23  9:11 Christopher Browne
From: Christopher Browne @ 2000-08-23  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I was planning to try out an install on an Intellistation that I've
had in mothballs; it's most disappointing that there does not appear to
be support for the Adaptec AHA-2940 host adaptor that I've got on it.
Is there any expectation of further SCSI support forthcoming?

[The IDE CD-ROM was detected nicely; 'tis otherwise encouraging...
 I did some exploring of what comes on the boot disk and what I see
 initially is at least moderately nifty...]
--
aa454@freenet.carleton.ca - <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/oses.html>
Rules of the Evil Overlord #190. "If my mad scientist/wizard tells me

* Re: [9fans] SCSI Support
@ 2000-08-23 15:09 jmk
From: jmk @ 2000-08-23 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@knuth.brownes.org>:
	I was planning to try out an install on an Intellistation that I've
	had in mothballs; it's most disappointing that there does not appear to
	be support for the Adaptec AHA-2940 host adaptor that I've got on it.
	Is there any expectation of further SCSI support forthcoming?

There are no plans here to do any Adaptec PCI controllers. There may be plans
elsewhere.

I soured on Adaptec a long time ago when they wouldn't give me the programming
information for their PCI controllers and since there are perfectly good and
cheaper alternatives I don't feel the need. Some motherboards come with Adaptec controllers on-board but I don't buy those.

--jim