* [9fans] Dell Inspiron 5000e install & exception/interrupt 14
@ 2001-05-29  9:16 Steve Kostecke
From: Steve Kostecke @ 2001-05-29  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

When I attempt to install plan9 on my Dell Inspiron 5000e laptop the
installation hangs after 9pcflop.gz starts loading. The error message
shows flags, registers, etc, and the 'Panic: exception / interrupt 14'
message.

I've tried a variety of monitor settings (versalx,vs17x,vpd150, and
anything else that mentioned LCD).

Here is my current plan9.ini:

*nomp=1
distname=plan9
partition=new
bootargs=local!/bzroot
monitor=vpd150
vgasize=800x600x8
mouseport=ps2
bootfile=fd0!dos!9pcflop.gz
installurl=http://...[snip]

Thanks,

--
 ____
||k || Steve Kostecke <steve@kostecke.net>
||__|| Public Key at gopher://kostecke.net or `finger steve@kostecke.net`
|/__\|

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-29  9:16 UTC | newest]