* [9fans] grap ticks problem
@ 2010-04-14 16:07 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2010-04-14 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello everyone,

having a t.g grap file like this

.G1
ticks left in
ticks bot out 1 down .2
1 2
3 4
5 6
.G2

produces (grap t.g | pic | troff | dpost -f > t.ps) a wrong result, as
documented in the attached t.ps file.

Quite generally:
-- my attempts to use 'in'-ticks in plan9 go wrong on any axis,
-- my attempts to use them on a vertical (left) axis go wrong in
plan9port (bottom axis 'in'-ticks are ok),
-- both plan9 and plan9port versions ignore the length parameter (like
out 1 in the example) as well as the shift parameter (down .2).

When using a linux grap version from
http://www.lunabase.org/~faber/Vault/software/grap/
the situation is better, 'in'-ticks work, the lenght parameter works,
but any shift parameter must be excluded (causes a syntactic error).

Can anybody comment on the situation, please?

Thanks
Ruda