* [9fans] Can't make CD without temporary file
@ 2002-06-14 17:10 Blake McBride
From: Blake McBride @ 2002-06-14 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings,

I am attempting to create a CD.  I am able to do it just fine
with the following commands:

cdfs -d /dev/sdC1 -m /usr/glenda/cd
disk/mk9660 -9cj -s /usr/glenda/MyApp /usr/glenda/cdimage
cp /usr/glenda/cdimage /usr/glenda/cd/wd/cdimage
rm /usr/glenda/cd/wd
unmount /usr/glenda/cd

The problem is that I don't want to have to create the temporary
image file cdimage.

The example in CDFS(4) states that you can create write to a CD
without the intermediate file with:

disk/mk9660 -9cj -n notice cdproto >cd/wd/foo

but that doesn't work because mk9660 expects a file argument and
doesn't send its output to stdout so > won't work.

I even tried:

disk/mk9660 -9cj -s /usr/glenda/MyApp /usr/glenda/cd/wd/cdimage

in an effort to write directly to the CD but I got:

disk/mk9660: cannot create '/usr/glenda/cd/wd/cdimage': bad mode (use
OWRITE)

But, of course, I am able to:

cp /usr/glenda/cdimage /usr/glenda/cd/wd/cdimage

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Blake McBride
blake@integra-online.com

* Re: [9fans] Can't make CD without temporary file
@ 2002-06-15 15:07 ` FJ Ballesteros
From: FJ Ballesteros @ 2002-06-15 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I don't have the source at hand, but it shouldn't be hard to
change mk9660 to write to stdout when the file argument is not supplied.

You might try that.

hth

Blake McBride ha escrito:

@ 2002-06-15 15:18 ` FJ Ballesteros
From: FJ Ballesteros @ 2002-06-15 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This makes me love that /acme/mail/Mail shows most recent messages
first.
Just used netscape to send mail and made the mistake of suggesting to
look at mk9660 to make it write to stdout, and several messages after
was the right answer from rsc.

sic, sorry.

Russ Cox ha escrito:

@ 2002-06-14 17:30 Russ Cox