From: Akshat Kumar <akumar@mail.nanosouffle.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Intel 82567LM Ethernet
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 15:20:43 -0700	[thread overview]

I just tried the 9atom 9pxeload with my
Thinkpad X200s, and indeed the
ethernet card works enough for the loader
to pull the kernel.

The kernel, then, is a 9pc terminal,
compiled with IL support so that I can
communicate with Ken FS.

I get to the "root is from (tcp, il)[il]:" prompt,
with a message above saying,
"pcirouting: Cannot find south bridge PCI.255.31.7"
(if that's relevant for the following), and so
I proceed by hitting enter, accepting the IL
preference.

Lots of stuff passes by quickly, to where the
top of the screen reads,
"does not exist:
panic: boot process died: unknown
panic: boot process died: unknown
dumpstack
ktrace /kernel/path f0108cbe f004d308
estackx f004d5c0"
and kernel dump follows.

Sadly, everything before that scrolls
by too quickly for me to get a read.

Ideas? Perhaps I should try the 9atom
kernel? I would, but I need IL support -
is there any way to compile that in?

Thank you,
ak