* [9fans] Booting Plan 9 from sdE0 or sdF0
@ 2002-09-16  9:47 Richard Powell
From: Richard Powell @ 2002-09-16  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings,

I have a mother board with four IDE ports, two ATA-66 ports from a VIA
chipset and two ATA-100 ports from a HPT370 chip on the MB.  I wanted to
install Plan 9 on the primary drive of IDE-3, but the two drives on the
HPT370 chip are not detected.  I was able to install and boot Plan 9 by
recabling the disk to the primary master slot (sdC0).  I know the HPT370
is not on the officially supported hardware list, but I thought the
drives would at least be detected and maybe work in PIO mode.  Is there
some trick I'm missing or am I just out of luck?

Thanks for any tips!
Richard Powell

System Configuration:

800Mhz Athlon (Not OC)
Abit KA7-100 Mother-board - Via KX133 chipset + HPT370
Multi-boot using GRUB: Windows XP, Windows 98SE, Red Hat 7.3, and Scyld
Beowulf
256MB Crucial PC-133 SDRAM
MAXTOR D740 (80GB ATA-133)
IBM DTLA-307020 (20GB ATA-100)
HP CD-Writer Plus 9100i
Asus AGP-V7100 (GeForce 2MX 32MB)
Turtle Beach Malibu
Netgear FA312 10/100 Ethernet

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-16  9:47 UTC | newest]