* tutorial: distributed ubuntu background images via qemu
@ 2016-12-02 22:17 hiro
From: hiro @ 2016-12-02 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

20:57 hiro_ sl_: joe9 has verified this setup for qemu with linux tap
device: http://codepad.org/rde0OP8s
20:59 hiro_ sl_: i think it's helpful if they use real bridgeable tap
devices so they can start more VMs and do all the magic from INSIDE
9front instead of relying on userlevel linux daemons that implement
very poor bridges, dhcp, dnsmasq, etc. (-net user, libvirt,
virt-manager stuff)
21:00 hiro_ sl_: perhaps we can document an example network of 9front
VMs including auth servers, tftp and dhcp server running in 9front,
for ubuntu users.

leaving it here because irc doesn't keep state and smartphones aren't smart.

* Re: [9front] tutorial: distributed ubuntu background images via qemu
@ 2016-12-07  1:57 ` sl
From: sl @ 2016-12-07  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Here it is:

	http://fqa.9front.org/fqa3.html#3.3.1.4.4

sl

* Re: [9front] tutorial: distributed ubuntu background images via qemu
@ 2016-12-07 20:05   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2016-12-07 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

thanks, sl.

when i look at the bsd example i wonder if it would also work if you
used something like

su $USER -c id "qemu ..."

or with sudo

sudo su $USER -c id "qemu ..."

* Re: [9front] tutorial: distributed ubuntu background images via qemu
@ 2016-12-07 20:05     ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2016-12-07 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

shit, s/id //

@ 2016-12-07 20:16     ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2016-12-07 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Dec 7, 2016, at 3:05 PM, hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks, sl.
>
> when i look at the bsd example i wonder if it would also work if you
> used something like
>
> su $USER -c id "qemu ..."
>
> or with sudo
>
> sudo su $USER -c id "qemu ..."

Actually the OpenBSD example is now out of date. I'm working on updating it for 6.0 and doas instead of sudo.

sl