* T60 regression?
@ 2019-01-03  8:31 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-01-03  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

a few days ago, gln34 reported that after updating that
boot would fail on his ThinkPad T60:

"gln34 → Having problems after updating. My user is in group sys, I created lib/hgrc, ran sysupdate, rebuilt the compilers, and rebuilt everything according to the fqa and installed the new kernel. But after rebooting, the 9pc64 kernel takes a while to boot - it gets stuck at cpu0 lapic clock and pci routing than proceeds to boot to rio but the screen is a garbled version of the screen from the last fshalt -r. Had to use the livecd and boot to th"

is here anyone with a T60 and willing to help reproducing
the issue?

i would really like to figure out what went wrong here.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] T60 regression?
@ 2019-01-03  9:56 ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2019-01-03  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 09:31:31AM +0100, cinap_lenrek@felloff.net wrote:
> a few days ago, gln34 reported that after updating that
> boot would fail on his ThinkPad T60:

I don't have a T60 at the moment, but here is gln34's sysinfo:
http://sysinfo.9front.org/src/250/body

He reported the system booted normally with *nomp=1.  I got him to take
a photo of a bad boot (without *nomp=1):
This is where it hangs:  https://i.imgur.com/CM1zpEN.jpg
This is the corrupt rio: https://i.imgur.com/85wTU1h.jpg
Good boot with *nomp=1: https://i.imgur.com/5wn4Kss.jpg

Sorry if you already saw all this; I just wanted to get all the reported
information in one place.

I'm working on getting my T60 back but I don't know how long it will
take.

khm