* another CPU
@ 2020-08-03  6:13 thinktankworkspaces
From: thinktankworkspaces @ 2020-08-03  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Rather than doing another 9front install to native install. Can't I just
use the 9front.iso and pick tcp from the menu give it

user[glenda]:
fs address is? 192.168.1.172
auth address is? [192.168.1.172]
srv: dial tcp!192.168.1.172!564: connection refused
mount: can't open #s/boot: '#s/boot' file does not exist
mount -c #s/boot /root: mount 176: open

I kind of feel like i'm missing some info here. Do I just put another
entry in my cpu/auth

sys=cpufoo dom=foo.yoda ether=123456789 ip=192.168.1.100
	bootf=/386/9bootpxe

I'm guessing it won't get to it because booting from the iso it doesn't
know anything about the network because no network stack has been
setup? This is why you kind of need a full install so you can setup a network stack and give it the same address you specify
on the cpu/auth as another cpu?

I kind of feel like more is also missing on the fs side like a mount
point or something I must have skipped. my CPU/Auth is on Qemu
and I thought rather than change what I have I could create another
cpu for speed/performance. And learn at the same time on how to get
another node on the grid?

* Re: [9front] another CPU
@ 2020-08-08  6:04 Romano
From: Romano @ 2020-08-08  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thinktankworkspaces, 9front

> So I have it working. But maybe i'm missing something. Much
> of the documentation talks about
>
> cd /cfg; mkdir $sysname; dircp example $sysname
>
> This seems old and deprecated. I'm not really sure what we
> are supposed to have in /cfg/$sysname
>
> I tried copying cpurc and termrc and booting with each of them
> the results were strange and buggy. However I made not changes
> to those files as well.
>
> Any thoughts?

I don't think you want to copy cpurc(8) to /cfg/$sysname/ : see the
man pages for init(8) and cpurc(8): cpurc is started by init, and then
/cfg/$sysname/cpurc runs.  So what you're effectively doing, if I am
reading you correctly, is running cpurc(8) twice. This is all I have in my config:

cpu% cat /cfg/$sysname/cpurc
auth/secstored
cpu%