* [9front] power64: Compiler and / shuffling
@ 2023-09-30  3:46 Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2023-09-30  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

I have the power64 toolchain imported locally and fixed up. As I work on the POWER9
port I would like to iterate on it within tree. When I brought this up in our
jitsi call on Friday evening it was mentioned that perhaps we should do some
spring cleaning on our supported systems. We had thought that perhaps
sparc, sparc64 and m68k might be better dropped from our tree. I would be open
to keeping these around if someone has some immediate plans to making use of these.

We could also import power64 and leave this legacy systems as is if we feel like
they still might be useful. I am soliciting opinions.

Thanks,
Moody

* Re: [9front] power64: Compiler and / shuffling
@ 2023-09-30 10:26 ` dave
From: dave @ 2023-09-30 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 2023-09-30 04:46, Jacob Moody wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the power64 toolchain imported locally and fixed up. As I work
> on the
> POWER9
> port I would like to iterate on it within tree. When I brought this up
> in
> our
> jitsi call on Friday evening it was mentioned that perhaps we should do
> some
> spring cleaning on our supported systems. We had thought that perhaps
> sparc, sparc64 and m68k might be better dropped from our tree. I would
> be
> open
> to keeping these around if someone has some immediate plans to making
> use of
> these.
>
> We could also import power64 and leave this legacy systems as is if we
> feel
> like
> they still might be useful. I am soliciting opinions.
>
> Thanks,
> Moody
I have (vague) plans for the 68K compiler but only for a minimal
controller
boards - I'll be happy to run from a private copy.

No objections

Dave.