* Wireless/USB
@ 2014-07-28 17:08 dante
From: dante @ 2014-07-28 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Dear 9fronters,

Here I am again, bothering you with another beginner's question.

According to the FQAs:
- https://code.google.com/p/plan9front/wiki/fqa6#6.2.2.1.3_-_iwl
- https://code.google.com/p/plan9front/wiki/fqa6#6.2.2.1.4_-_rt2860
9front supports some major wireless chipsets over PCI.

Is there any chance of using USB dongles with similar chipsets?

Thanks again!
Dante

* Re: [9front] Wireless/USB
@ 2014-07-28 18:21 ` sl
From: sl @ 2014-07-28 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> Is there any chance of using USB dongles with similar chipsets?

http://code.google.com/p/plan9front/wiki/KnownWorkingHardware

Look under the Wifi section for a list of what has already been
verified to work.

I believe the Ralink RT2860 listed there is a USB adapter but I
was not able to get confirmation from the person who reported it
working.

sl

* Re: [9front] Wireless/USB
@ 2014-07-28 18:51   ` dante
From: dante @ 2014-07-28 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I think that it's listed under mini-PCI.
I would like to know if the USB driver is capable of driving a WiFi
dongle at all...

Thanks!