* Page not displaying postscript on x61
@ 2015-09-15 15:56 Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2015-09-15 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I recently made my x61 my 9front server, and I find page no longer renders any postscript. There's no errors, just that white box with the file name.

This is the first time I've run this x61 with an amd64 kernel. The same system (as amd64) worked fine on my r400, and I haven't seen any other obvious errors now it's on the x61. The system was transferred to the x61 by copying the disk image from a failing hard disk.

I tried recompiling gs & ape & the system libraries, but it made no difference. (mk nuke, mk libs, cd ape; mk install, cd ../cmd/gs; mk install). I checked the date of /amd64/bin/gs after mk install to be sure I hadn't missed an error, so I don't think this is due to disk corruption, unless perhaps the page binary is corrupted. I'll try mk install on page soon.

I'm posting this from the library, and it'll likely be a few days before I get any replies.

--
Wir mussen wissen, wir werden wissen.

* Re: [9front] Page not displaying postscript on x61
@ 2015-09-15 22:01 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2015-09-15 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

run ghostscript manually so you see the error message. maybe some postscript
files got corrupted or have wrong permissions? its unlikely to be a problem
with the binary as it works fine on amd64 here.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] Page not displaying postscript on x61
@ 2015-10-12 13:32   ` Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2015-10-12 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 11:01 PM, cinap_lenrek@felloff.net wrote:
> run ghostscript manually so you see the error message. maybe some postscript
> files got corrupted or have wrong permissions? its unlikely to be a problem
> with the binary as it works fine on amd64 here.
>
> --
> cinap

ah, that makes sense. errors indicate gs_ttf.ps is corrupt. i've downloaded the latest iso today as i have to install afresh on a new partition anyway; there are some files in the dump i want to forget ever existed.

--
one does not simply delete from cwfs.