* looking for tcl/tk sam clone
@ 2018-05-28 16:11 Ethan A. Gardener
From: Ethan A. Gardener @ 2018-05-28 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i had a copy of sam clone written entirely in tcl/tk, "tsam" or something, but I've lost it. where can i download it from, please?

--
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne. -- Chaucer

* Re: [9front] looking for tcl/tk sam clone
@ 2018-05-29 17:51 ` Benjamin Purcell
From: Benjamin Purcell @ 2018-05-29 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/ma/ma.html

That's the only thing that comes to mind. I do not have any 9fans since May 13, and I did not receive your 9fans from May 22 or 28.

Hope you're doing well, come back to #cat-v some time if you have the energy.

@ 2018-05-30 10:26   ` Ethan A. Gardener
From: Ethan A. Gardener @ 2018-05-30 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Tue, May 29, 2018, at 6:51 PM, Benjamin Purcell wrote:
> http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/ma/ma.html
>
> That's the only thing that comes to mind. I do not have any 9fans since
> May 13, and I did not receive your 9fans from May 22 or 28.

Thanks spew, but ma is easier to find. I tried it already, but it won't work on Windows without modification. It won't even _exit_ without modification because it tries to re-execute itself just to exit. Maybe I'll fix it, but tsam is already more complicated than I really want. In truth, I actually do have a copy of tsam, but it's easier to ask than to shut down, swap drive cables, boot freebsd, etc, etc. Maybe I ought to connect that drive to a R400 again and run it as a server, but without enclosing the drive this time -- it overheats. The combination of trailing cable to the boot drive and an unhoused drive doesn't fill me with joy. What I should really do is buy another motherboard for my old tower.

> Hope you're doing well, come back to #cat-v some time if you have the energy.

Thanks. :) The trouble is, whenever I have opportunity to chat, I get bogged down talking rubbish. I'm slowly learning not to.

@ 2018-06-16  6:20     ` Mart Zirnask
From: Mart Zirnask @ 2018-06-16  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

partly related:
I stumbled upon a new-ish, actively developed Go port of Acme (requires p9p):
https://github.com/rjkroege/edwood

Mart