* 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-10  2:22 sl
From: sl @ 2016-09-10  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Frontbase is a fork of the suckless 9base tree made immediately before
they switched to git:

	https://code.9front.org/hg/frontbase

Its purpose is to provide a basic set of Plan 9 utilities in the
spirit of the original 9base.  Simple shell tools, now with 33% more
German ("Our Germans are better than their Germans") engineering.
Frontbase could be considered a pared down companion to front9port,
the as-yet nascent, 9front-related fork of plan9port.

Even before frontbase forked, suckless had agreed to include several
changes from 9front that never made it back into plan9port.  Changes
already applied include:

	- Various fixes and updates to rc(1).
	- Patched read(1).
	- Added rm(1).
	- Added ssam(1).
	- Added urlencode(1).
	- More stuff obscured by opaque commit messages.

Proposed new changes:

	- Use $9FRONT instead of $PLAN9 to avoid stepping on 9base or
		plan9port.
	- Add u9fs.
	- Add file(1) from 9front.

Future plans:

	- Diff existing commands and libraries against 9front.
	- FreeBSD port/package.
	- OpenBSD port/package.

I haven't done any of this stuff yet but if there are no objections I
plan to begin shortly.

sl

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-10  3:27 ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2016-09-10  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 10:22:26PM -0400, sl@stanleylieber.com wrote:
> Proposed new changes:
>
> 	- Use $9FRONT instead of $PLAN9 to avoid stepping on 9base or
> 		plan9port.

$9FRONT is not a valid identifier in sh(1).  I propose we use $GOROOT
instead.

khm

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-10  3:41   ` sl
From: sl @ 2016-09-10  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>> Proposed new changes:
>>
>> 	- Use $9FRONT instead of $PLAN9 to avoid stepping on 9base or
>> 		plan9port.
>
> $9FRONT is not a valid identifier in sh(1).  I propose we use $GOROOT
> instead.

How about $PLAN9FRONT?

@ 2016-09-10  4:28     ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2016-09-10  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 11:41:53PM -0400, sl@stanleylieber.com wrote:
> How about $PLAN9FRONT?

I support this.

khm

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-10  6:42       ` Ian Sutton
                           ` (3 more replies)
From: Ian Sutton @ 2016-09-10  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khm; +Cc: 9front

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 11:28 PM, Kurt H Maier <khm@sciops.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 11:41:53PM -0400, sl@stanleylieber.com wrote:
>> How about $PLAN9FRONT?
>
> I support this.
>
> khm

change made in my branch, hg repo here:
https://bitbucket.org/kremlin_/front9port/src

please test. compiles on openbsd.

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-10 12:14 ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2016-09-10 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> 	- OpenBSD port/package.

It's nice.
I've been playing with two BSDs these days to refresh my brain,
NetBSD and OpenBSD.
I got a personal conclusion that OpenBSD is better because of
their usage of UTF-8.   It's easier and simpler to deal with
Japanese with OpenBSD.

just one cent

Kenji

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-11  1:43         ` sl
                           ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: sl @ 2016-09-11  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> change made in my branch, hg repo here:
> https://bitbucket.org/kremlin_/front9port/src
>
> please test. compiles on openbsd.

Builds and superficially works (I only tested sam -d) on OpenBSD/amd64 5.9.

FreeBSD/amd64 10.3 build dies thusly:

$ ./INSTALL
+ Issue tracker: http://bitbucket.org/kremlin_/front9port
+ Submitting changes: http://bitbucket.org/kremlin_/front9port

* Resetting /home/sl/src/front9port/config
* Compiler version:
* Running on FreeBSD, adjusting linker flags
>>> CFLAGS='-I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include'
* Setting $NPROC
	fontsrv dependencies found.
* Building mk...
>>> pwd
>>> cd /home/sl/src/front9port/src/lib9
9a getcallerpc-x86_64.s
Assembler messages:
Error: can't open getcallerpc-x86_64.s for reading: No such file or directory
>>> cd /home/sl/src/front9port/src/lib9
9ar rsc /home/sl/src/front9port/lib/lib9.a _exits.o _p9dialparse.o _p9dir.o announce.o argv0.o atexit.o atoi.o atol.o atoll.o atnotify.o await.o cistrcmp.o cistrncmp.o cistrstr.o cleanname.o convD2M.o convM2D.o convM2S.o convS2M.o create.o crypt.o ctime.o dial.o dirfstat.o dirfwstat.o dirmodefmt.o dirread.o dirstat.o dirwstat.o dup.o encodefmt.o errstr.o exec.o execl.o exitcode.o f9p.o fcallfmt.o get9root.o getcallerpc-x86_64.o getenv.o getfields.o getnetconn.o getns.o getuser.o getwd.o jmp.o lrand.o lnrand.o main.o malloc.o malloctag.o mallocz.o nan.o needsrcquote.o needstack.o netcrypt.o netmkaddr.o notify.o nrand.o nulldir.o open.o opentemp.o pin.o pipe.o post9p.o postnote.o qlock.o quote.o rand.o read9pmsg.o readcons.o readn.o rfork.o searchpath.o seek.o sendfd.o sleep.o strdup.o strecpy.o sysfatal.o syslog.o sysname.o time.o tm2sec.o tokenize.o truerand.o u16.o u32.o u64.o unsharp.o wait.o waitpid.o write.o zoneinfo.o dofmt.o fltfmt.o fmt.o fmtfd.o fmtfdflush.o fmtlocale.o fmtlock2.o fmtnull.o fmtprint.o fmtquote.o fmtrune.o fmtstr.o fmtvprint.o fprint.o nan64.o print.o runefmtstr.o runeseprint.o runesmprint.o runesnprint.o runesprint.o runevseprint.o runevsmprint.o runevsnprint.o seprint.o smprint.o snprint.o sprint.o strtod.o vfprint.o vseprint.o vsmprint.o vsnprint.o charstod.o pow10.o rune.o runestrcat.o runestrchr.o runestrcmp.o runestrcpy.o runestrdup.o runestrlen.o runestrecpy.o runestrncat.o runestrncmp.o runestrncpy.o runestrrchr.o runestrstr.o runetype.o utfecpy.o utflen.o utfnlen.o utfrrune.o utfrune.o utfutf.o
ar: warning: can't open file: _exits.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: _p9dialparse.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: _p9dir.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: announce.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: argv0.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: atexit.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: atoi.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: atol.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: atoll.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: atnotify.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: await.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: cistrcmp.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: cistrncmp.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: cistrstr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: cleanname.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: convD2M.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: convM2D.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: convM2S.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: convS2M.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: create.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: crypt.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: ctime.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dial.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dirfstat.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dirfwstat.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dirmodefmt.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dirread.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dirstat.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dirwstat.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dup.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: encodefmt.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: errstr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: exec.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: execl.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: exitcode.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: f9p.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fcallfmt.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: get9root.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: getcallerpc-x86_64.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: getenv.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: getfields.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: getnetconn.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: getns.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: getuser.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: getwd.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: jmp.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: lrand.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: lnrand.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: main.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: malloc.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: malloctag.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: mallocz.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: nan.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: needsrcquote.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: needstack.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: netcrypt.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: netmkaddr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: notify.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: nrand.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: nulldir.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: open.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: opentemp.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: pin.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: pipe.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: post9p.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: postnote.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: qlock.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: quote.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: rand.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: read9pmsg.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: readcons.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: readn.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: rfork.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: searchpath.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: seek.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: sendfd.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: sleep.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: strdup.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: strecpy.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: sysfatal.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: syslog.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: sysname.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: time.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: tm2sec.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: tokenize.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: truerand.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: u16.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: u32.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: u64.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: unsharp.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: wait.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: waitpid.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: write.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: zoneinfo.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: dofmt.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fltfmt.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmt.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtfd.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtfdflush.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtlocale.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtlock2.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtnull.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtquote.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtrune.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtstr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fmtvprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: fprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: nan64.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: print.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runefmtstr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runeseprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runesmprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runesnprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runesprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runevseprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runevsmprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runevsnprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: seprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: smprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: snprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: sprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: strtod.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: vfprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: vseprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: vsmprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: vsnprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: charstod.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: pow10.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: rune.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrcat.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrchr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrcmp.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrcpy.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrdup.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrlen.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrecpy.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrncat.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrncmp.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrncpy.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrrchr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runestrstr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: runetype.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: utfecpy.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: utflen.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: utfnlen.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: utfrrune.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: utfrune.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: utfutf.o: No such file or directory
>>> pwd
>>> cd /home/sl/src/front9port/src/libbio
9ar rsc /home/sl/src/front9port/lib/libbio.a bbuffered.o bfildes.o bflush.o bgetc.o bgetrune.o bgetd.o binit.o boffset.o bprint.o bputc.o bputrune.o brdline.o brdstr.o bread.o bseek.o bvprint.o bwrite.o
ar: warning: can't open file: bbuffered.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bfildes.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bflush.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bgetc.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bgetrune.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bgetd.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: binit.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: boffset.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bputc.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bputrune.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: brdline.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: brdstr.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bread.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bseek.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bvprint.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: bwrite.o: No such file or directory
>>> pwd
>>> cd /home/sl/src/front9port/src/libregexp
9ar rsc /home/sl/src/front9port/lib/libregexp9.a regcomp.o regerror.o regexec.o regsub.o regaux.o rregexec.o rregsub.o
ar: warning: can't open file: regcomp.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: regerror.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: regexec.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: regsub.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: regaux.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: rregexec.o: No such file or directory
ar: warning: can't open file: rregsub.o: No such file or directory
>>> pwd
>>> cd /home/sl/src/front9port/src/cmd/mk
9l -o o.mk arc.o archive.o bufblock.o env.o file.o graph.o job.o lex.o main.o match.o mk.o parse.o recipe.o rc.o rule.o run.o sh.o shell.o shprint.o symtab.o var.o varsub.o word.o unix.o
nm: 'arc.o': No such file
nm: 'archive.o': No such file
nm: 'bufblock.o': No such file
nm: 'env.o': No such file
nm: 'file.o': No such file
nm: 'graph.o': No such file
nm: 'job.o': No such file
nm: 'lex.o': No such file
nm: 'main.o': No such file
nm: 'match.o': No such file
nm: 'mk.o': No such file
nm: 'parse.o': No such file
nm: 'recipe.o': No such file
nm: 'rc.o': No such file
nm: 'rule.o': No such file
nm: 'run.o': No such file
nm: 'sh.o': No such file
nm: 'shell.o': No such file
nm: 'shprint.o': No such file
nm: 'symtab.o': No such file
nm: 'var.o': No such file
nm: 'varsub.o': No such file
nm: 'word.o': No such file
nm: 'unix.o': No such file
nm: 'arc.o': No such file
nm: 'archive.o': No such file
nm: 'bufblock.o': No such file
nm: 'env.o': No such file
nm: 'file.o': No such file
nm: 'graph.o': No such file
nm: 'job.o': No such file
nm: 'lex.o': No such file
nm: 'main.o': No such file
nm: 'match.o': No such file
nm: 'mk.o': No such file
nm: 'parse.o': No such file
nm: 'recipe.o': No such file
nm: 'rc.o': No such file
nm: 'rule.o': No such file
nm: 'run.o': No such file
nm: 'sh.o': No such file
nm: 'shell.o': No such file
nm: 'shprint.o': No such file
nm: 'symtab.o': No such file
nm: 'var.o': No such file
nm: 'varsub.o': No such file
nm: 'word.o': No such file
nm: 'unix.o': No such file
gcc: error: arc.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: archive.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: bufblock.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: env.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: file.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: graph.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: job.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: lex.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: main.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: match.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: mk.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: parse.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: recipe.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: rc.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: rule.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: run.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: sh.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: shell.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: shprint.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: symtab.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: var.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: varsub.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: word.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: unix.o: No such file or directory
>>> cd /home/sl/src/front9port/src/cmd/mk
install o.mk /home/sl/src/front9port/bin/mk
install: o.mk: No such file or directory
* Error: mk failed to build.

@ 2016-09-11  1:45         ` sl
From: sl @ 2016-09-11  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Feature requests:

	- 9term: Add Look.
	- 9term: Move all color definitions to data.c.

@ 2016-09-11  5:51         ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2016-09-11  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> please test. compiles on openbsd.

I tried, but fails on OpenBSD 6.0.
We have only gcc-4.2.1 without gcc47.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-11  6:05           ` stanley lieber
From: stanley lieber @ 2016-09-11  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp

You need to install the gcc port (4.9) in order to build. Also be sure to mount the partition that houses the resulting binaries with the wxallowd flag.
‎

@ 2016-09-11  6:40           ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2016-09-11  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 09:43:25PM -0400, sl@stanleylieber.com wrote:
> > change made in my branch, hg repo here:
> > https://bitbucket.org/kremlin_/front9port/src
> >
> > please test. compiles on openbsd.
>
> Builds and superficially works (I only tested sam -d) on OpenBSD/amd64 5.9.
>
> FreeBSD/amd64 10.3 build dies thusly:

Builds on linux/amd64 with gcc 6.1.1, but only after setting CC9=cc
in LOCAL.config.

I really, really, really don't like having to specify compilers.  It's C
or it isn't.

khm

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-11  9:52             ` Ian Sutton
From: Ian Sutton @ 2016-09-11  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front; +Cc: khm, kokamoto

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 11:40:46PM -0700, Kurt H Maier wrote:
> Builds on linux/amd64 with gcc 6.1.1, but only after setting CC9=cc
> in LOCAL.config.
>
> I really, really, really don't like having to specify compilers.  It's C
> or it isn't.
>
> khm

will fix

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 02:51:15PM +0900, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:

> > please test. compiles on openbsd.
>
> I tried, but fails on OpenBSD 6.0.
> We have only gcc-4.2.1 without gcc47.
>
> Kenji

if you are getting error:

9c _exits.c
/home/kremlin/kremtmp/front9port/bin/9c[203]: gcc47: not found

you need to switch to my branch, in the front9port directory:

`hg update kremlin`

and then ./INSTALL

I will merge my changes into the main branch once I know they work on
other OpenBSD computers

ian

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-11  9:58               ` Ian Sutton
From: Ian Sutton @ 2016-09-11  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 05:52:49AM -0400, Ian Sutton wrote:
> if you are getting error:
>
> 9c _exits.c
> /home/kremlin/kremtmp/front9port/bin/9c[203]: gcc47: not found
>
> you need to switch to my branch, in the front9port directory:
>
> `hg update kremlin`
>
> and then ./INSTALL
>
> I will merge my changes into the main branch once I know they work on
> other OpenBSD computers
>
> ian

one more thing -- you will (currently) need to install gcc package, on
openbsd:

# pkg_add gcc-4.9.4p0

i will work to make front9port compile on the default openbsd gcc (gcc
4.2.1) to avoid this step

ian

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
                           ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-09-11 14:39         ` Dave MacFarlane
From: Dave MacFarlane @ 2016-09-11 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front; +Cc: khm

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 2:42 AM, Ian Sutton <ian@kremlin.cc> wrote:
> change made in my branch, hg repo here:
> https://bitbucket.org/kremlin_/front9port/src
>
> please test. compiles on openbsd.

It compiles and seems to run fine on DragonflyBSD, but I had to change
the line in LOCAL.config
from "CC9=gcc47" to "CC9=gcc".

sam runs, acme runs, rc runs..

- Dave

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-11 23:39                 ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2016-09-11 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thanks Ian.

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 05:52:49AM -0400, Ian Sutton wrote:
>> if you are getting error:
>>
>> 9c _exits.c
>> /home/kremlin/kremtmp/front9port/bin/9c[203]: gcc47: not found

Yes, exactly.

>> `hg update kremlin`

I did this, where I chose delete 'INSTALL.local(?)' and change 'config'.

>> and then ./INSTALL

I did.
I got many lines of warning, however, I got success to compile it.
I got 241 executable files under $PLAN9FRONT/bin.
I'm using standard gcc (included with 6.0 distribution).

> # pkg_add gcc-4.9.4p0

I didn't do this.

After the compiling of this, acme runs with no problem.

Thank you very much, Ian.

Kenji

PS. if I pkg_add gcc-4.9.4p0, I DON't have any side effects
on my 6.0 system?

* Re: [9front] 9base fork renamed to frontbase
@ 2016-09-12  0:10                   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2016-09-12  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

When I compiled this, there were plan9port stuff on my /usr/local/plan9.
Ater I did success, I removed the plan9port package, then tried to
recompile the tree.
I got error like:
9 yacc -d -s bc bc.y
 fatal error:cannot open parser /usr/local/plan9/lib/yaccpar: No such file or directory, /home/okamoto/src/src/src/cmd/bc.y:587

You assumed the plan9port stuff must be there?

Kenji