* Patch: Respect DUPOK flag on GLOBL (for 6l).
@ 2017-03-18  8:48 Ori Bernstein
From: Ori Bernstein @ 2017-03-18  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

The plan 9 assemblers support the DUPOK flag on text symbols. They parse and
ignore it on GLOBL symbols. This patch makes it work for 6l.

The reason I ran into this is because my programming language (Myrddin) uses
data symbols to generate type information, and it's useful to avoid
duplicating all of the type info in every file that gets generated.

Currently I only implemented it for 6l, but I'm willing to send in patches
for all other linker versions; I just have no way of testing anything other
than 386 right now.

The patch is simple, adding only 4 lines of code:

http://okturing.com/src/1168/body

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-03-18  8:48 UTC | newest]