* ThinkPad X250 screen blanks against my wishes
@ 2019-01-10  2:35 sl
From: sl @ 2019-01-10  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

If I leave the machine sitting idle for a while, the screen goes
black, but the backlight is still on, and I can see very faint colors
changing at the top of the screen.  This sucks, because there seems to
be no way to recover.  Every time a leave the office and return I have
to reboot.

http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/hardware/thinkpad/x250/20cm-cto1ww/sysinfo

; {cat /dev/sysname; echo}
; grep vga /cfg/k/termrc
echo hwblank off >/dev/vgactl
; cat /dev/vgactl
type vesa
size 1920x1080x32 x8r8g8b8
hwgc soft
hwaccel off
hwblank on
panning off
addr p 0xe0000000 v 0xffffff00e0000000 size 0x4000000
softscreen on
;

sl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-01-10  2:35 UTC | newest]