* this trouble...
@ 2020-07-20 22:23 Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2020-07-20 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Recently two of our most prominent members in #cat-v had a dispute and
both left. I hope you are both still on the mailing list. I've
wondered if it's all staged and you are working in cahoots after
reading the article I found about the possibility of new legislation
banning encryption and free software. I certainly hope I'm joking! You
are both valued members of this community. These are rough times for
the whole world. We have to stick together. I hope this disagreement
can be resolved in some way, I was trying to follow and could see how
the post was controversial, to say the least. Free speech is extremely
important in particular to something like this project, but on the
other hand, it may not be working out...? This is a tough issue to
resolve, but I sincerely hope it's settled and you both eventually
come back. Sorry for the politics...

* Re: [9front] this trouble...
@ 2020-07-20 22:34 ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-07-20 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: echoline, 9front

> Recently two of our most prominent members in #cat-v had a dispute and
> both left. I hope you are both still on the mailing list. I've
> wondered if it's all staged and you are working in cahoots after
> reading the article I found about the possibility of new legislation
> banning encryption and free software. I certainly hope I'm joking! You
> are both valued members of this community. These are rough times for
> the whole world. We have to stick together. I hope this disagreement
> can be resolved in some way, I was trying to follow and could see how
> the post was controversial, to say the least. Free speech is extremely
> important in particular to something like this project, but on the
> other hand, it may not be working out...? This is a tough issue to
> resolve, but I sincerely hope it's settled and you both eventually
> come back. Sorry for the politics...

I think that's a lot of words to say 'aiju, khm: we miss you both!'
Or maybe 'I don't like it when people we like fight!'

Probably both.

(And, I agree with the sentiment)

* Re: [9front] this trouble...
@ 2020-07-20 22:54   ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2020-07-20 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

There's no fight and I'm not gone.  Something (unrelated to 9front)
which I wrote apparently made aiju feel like the IRC channel was not
for her.  I, however, do not represent the IRC channel, which I consider
to be "more aiju's than mine," not that anyone really owns it.  The
obvious conclusion was that if my presence makes aiju feel unwelcome, I
should discontinue my presence.  It seems very straightfoward and I am
in no way discontented with my actions.  I'm still connected to the
ircnet and can be addressed directly if anyone needs anything from me.

While I appreciate the good vibes, I'd also prefer not to discuss this
further, so this will be the only message I post on the subject.

khm

* Re: [9front] this trouble...
@ 2020-07-21  0:55 ` sl
From: sl @ 2020-07-21  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

sometimes people disagree. civilization is what happens next.

sl