* non-9front dhcp server -> /lib/ndb/local ignored?
@ 2015-12-28 20:34 sl
From: sl @ 2015-12-28 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

At my job we have a free wifi access point that I connect
to from 9front like this:

	; ip/ipconfig	# NOTE: DHCP server is not Plan 9.

This gets me on the Internet. Everything works.

Except, values configured in /lib/ndb/local all seem to
be ignored. No sys= or auth= entries are recognized. In
order to successfully cpu/import remote Plan 9 machines,
I have to manually add auth= authdom= entries for the
corresponding auth servers in /net/ndb, and then refer
to them by the FQDNs.

At home, I use an identical /lib/ndb/local. All home
machines either PXE or TCP boot from the same file
server where the ndb file is stored. All of these
machines can successfully refer to local sys= entries,
even those that are in separate ipnets.

From all of this, it seems like Plan 9 machines that get
DHCP from a non-Plan 9 machine ignore /lib/ndb/local.

What's going on?

sl

* Re: [9front] non-9front dhcp server -> /lib/ndb/local ignored?
@ 2015-12-29  0:20 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2015-12-29  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

hello,

sorry if I misunderstand what you said.

I have cpu server and auth server which I want to use from both home and internet.
those names are:
(1) hebe (or hebe.local) in home and hebe.nyx.link from internet
(2) grid (or grid.local) in home and grid.nyx.link form internet

I have plan9 terminal on virtualbox on macbook.
that is, I use the terminal in two types of environment.
(a) local wifi in my home with plan9 based DHCP and DNS.
(b) mobile router wifi with mobile ISP based DHCP and DNS.

of course we need fqdn in accessing from internet.
however /lib/ndb/local is not ignored.

the relevant parts of /lib/ndb/local of the terminals and servers are like this:

dom=nyx.link
	auth=hebe.nyx.link

dom=local soa=
	refresh=3600 ttl=3600
	ns=hebe.loca
	auth=hebe

ipnet=local ip=192.168.0.0 ipmask=255.255.255.0
	ipgw=192.168.0.1
	proto=tcp
	ntp=ntp.jst.mfeed.ad.jp
	auth=hebe