* [9front] cwfs config
@ 2020-12-31 15:38 Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2020-12-31 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

http://fqa.9front.org/fqa7.html#7.3.3

why do we tell people to toggle youth twice?

sl

* Re: [9front] cwfs config
@ 2020-12-31 15:43 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2020-12-31 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On December 31, 2020 10:38:50 AM EST, Stanley Lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com> wrote:
>http://fqa.9front.org/fqa7.html#7.3.3
>
>why do we tell people to toggle youth twice?
>
>sl

noauth, not youth.

sl

* Re: [9front] cwfs config
@ 2020-12-31 17:14   ` Iruatã Souza
From: Iruatã Souza @ 2020-12-31 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 31/12/2020 16:43, Stanley Lieber wrote:
> On December 31, 2020 10:38:50 AM EST, Stanley Lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com> wrote:
>> http://fqa.9front.org/fqa7.html#7.3.3
>>
>> why do we tell people to toggle youth twice?
>>
>> sl

The user may not know or may have forgotten the current state of
authentication on the file server. Whatever is the case, noauth once
will surely disable auth, noauth twice will surely enable it. It seems
easier to ask everyone to perform the same actions than to have
conditional actions based on current fs state.

iru

* Re: [9front] cwfs config
@ 2020-12-31 19:05     ` sl
From: sl @ 2020-12-31 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> Whatever is the case, noauth once
> will surely disable auth, noauth twice will surely enable it.

that doesn't seem to be what the code does, though.

in addition, the installer seems to leave noauth in a status contrary
to what the man pages say.

unfortunately i don't have time to empirically test this right now.

sl