* 9pi.img download
@ 2017-07-13 22:36 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2017-07-13 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

[ sources and 9fans.org are both down ? ]

Anyone have a pointer to a recent 9pi.img for the Pi 2?

* Re: [9front] 9pi.img download
@ 2017-07-14 15:53 ` Fernan Bolando
> [ sources and 9fans.org are both down ? ]
>
> Anyone have a pointer to a recent 9pi.img for the Pi 2?

i have never used the original 9pi.img. but for my raspberry pi install i used images
from simon here https://github.com/sirnewton01/rpi-9front/releases

* Re: [9front] 9pi.img download
@ 2017-07-14 20:33   ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2017-07-14 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 8:53 AM, Fernan Bolando <ve4feb@gmx.ca> wrote:
>
> i have never used the original 9pi.img. but for my raspberry pi install i used images
> from simon

I wasn't aware of this image.  I downloaded/installed it, but USB is broken :-(  If I type *very* slowly, the keyboard gets the right character about 10 % of the time, the rest of the time it looks like line noise from a bad analog modem connection.  It even has a mind of its own and starts typing gibberish all by itself!

For the mouse, dragging is almost impossible.  Go any distance at all and usb sees a button-up event, so it's impossible to move or resize windows.

I've tried a couple of different keyboards and mice, so it's not specific to the individual hardware.  And the same Pi2 runs X under Raspbian just fine, so the Pi itself is okay.

So, still looking for one of Richard's standard Pi images ...

--lyndon

* Re: [9front] 9pi.img download
@ 2017-07-14 21:37     ` jamos
From: jamos @ 2017-07-14 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi Lyndon,

Are you still searching for the Richard's image? I just
checked, and I can access
sources from within Plan 9 (9fs sources), and
I also tried to fcp 9pi.img.gz
(12mar2017) with success. If you don't
have access to a running networked plan 9
machine, I can make it
available somehow. But maybe you already solved the problem,
or I
missunderstood it :-)

Jonas

@ 2017-07-14 22:03       ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2017-07-14 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 2:37 PM, jamos@oboj.net wrote:
>
> Are you still searching for the Richard's image? I just checked, and I can access
> sources from within Plan 9 (9fs sources), and I also tried to fcp 9pi.img.gz
> (12mar2017) with success. If you don't have access to a running networked plan 9
> machine, I can make it available somehow. But maybe you already solved the problem,
> or I missunderstood it :-)

No, still looking.  I can't 9fs as I'm bootstrapping from scratch here, and the Lab's web site still seems to be down (from here at least).  If you could put it someplace I could FTP or HTTP download it from, that would be wonderful!  Thanks ;-)

--lyndon

* Re: [9front] 9pi.img download
@ 2017-07-15  2:07       ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2017-07-15  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 2:37 PM, jamos@oboj.net wrote:
>
> If you don't have access to a running networked plan 9
> machine, I can make it available somehow.

Thanks, I have a working Pi now.

--lyndon