* [9front] mnt reform kbd
@ 2022-08-01  1:31 william
From: william @ 2022-08-01  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Any ides how to get the led's for the keyboard on in 9front. Not a big deal but I'm usually in a dark
room and sometimes I have to look down for shift ? {} and =. Its just ever so slightly off and not only that. I kind of liked the backlight.

* Re: [9front] mnt reform kbd
@ 2022-08-01  1:48 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-08-01  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

iirc, it lights up when you start typing.

http://mnt.stanleylieber.com/keyboard/

sl

@ 2022-08-01  2:05   ` william
From: william @ 2022-08-01  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

In debian it lights up as soon as I type but not in 9front

@ 2022-08-01  2:21     ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-08-01  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i’ll test with mine.

sl

@ 2022-08-01  2:26       ` william
From: william @ 2022-08-01  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thanks. Please note I did mess up the oled when I put it together. I already ordered a new one.
But regardless the leds for backlight worked in debian. But I am curious about yours and the external. I ordered and external keyboard as well. Regards

@ 2022-08-01  2:30         ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-08-01  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

sorry, i thought you were already talking about the external keyboard. my reform built-in keyboard does light up when i type in 9front.

sl

@ 2022-08-01  2:33           ` william
From: william @ 2022-08-01  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Bummer I will have to take it apart and see what's up

@ 2022-08-01  2:52 ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2022-08-01  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 06:31:57PM -0700, william@thinktankworkspaces.com wrote:
> Any ides how to get the led's for the keyboard on in 9front.

Should be independent of the OS to do circle-key then F2.
Do it again to brighten, circle,F1 to dim them again.

khm

* Re: [9front] mnt reform kbd
@ 2022-08-01  3:38   ` william
From: william @ 2022-08-01  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

When I pulled the batteries out the lights came up. Power cord only. Circle f1 and f2 worked. Thanks.

I hope I don't have a short. I will have to experiment some more