* 9front: Donation possibilities
@ 2016-04-17 21:36 Ernst Rohlicek
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ernst Rohlicek @ 2016-04-17 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Greetings,

I would like to support 9front via a donation from time to time. I could
not find donation information on homepage www.9front.org (I  would
suggest to make own page about this) so since you are one of the main
contributors to the project, I contact you with this matter. What is the
best method to donate to the project? Where to send it? Preferably bank
transfer or paypal / credit card.

All the best,
Ernst Rohlicek

* Re: [9front] 9front: Donation possibilities
@ 2016-04-17 22:35 ` Jacob Todd
From: Jacob Todd @ 2016-04-17 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Just send the money.

* Re: [9front] 9front: Donation possibilities
@ 2016-04-17 23:10 ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2016-04-17 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Ernst Rohlicek <ernst@rohlicek.at> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I would like to support 9front via a donation from time to time. I could
> not find donation information on homepage www.9front.org (I  would
> suggest to make own page about this) so since you are one of the main
> contributors to the project, I contact you with this matter. What is the
> best method to donate to the project? Where to send it? Preferably bank
> transfer or paypal / credit card.
>

> All the best,
> Ernst Rohlicek

You could send money directly to cinap and _sl. They would know what
to do with it. Centralized donation bullshit would be useful probably.

--
Veety

* Re: [9front] 9front: Donation possibilities
@ 2016-04-18  0:17   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2016-04-18  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

we have not forgotten your application for open donation possibilities.

being a transparent organization after the front fell off we pride
ourselves in giving honest feedback and will outline in following the
detailed reason for rejection:

by supporting cinap_lenrek you indirectly support the german state
television. think for yourself if you want to be held liable for the
existence of such institution.

we have a policy to contributing code: you should try to make things
for your own immediate use. this ensures that your code is tested by
someone who understands it's purpose.

perhaps something analogous should be tried with donations: first
state where you see 9front's biggest value in your life. perhaps we
can make sure it stays this way. perhaps we can find the root of your
interpretation of our goals. we want to make sure the donation is
based on a stable relationship with clear expectations from both sides
so that we can ensure a steady, long-lasting engagement.

in any case we want to avoid dissatisfaction on the customer's side
and it would go against our pride to sell you something that you
actually can't identify with. so we would like to give you more
opportunity to tell us what you need from us. be assured we regret any
faulty code and if we can't deliver to your fullest satisfaction you
get both your money back and compensation for the efforts.

it will definitely help us get more money from you also in the future
if you make sure we have a handle as to how to please you.

ps. our working conditions might not adhere to austrian law, so i dont
know if supporting us would even be legal.

good luck for your future donations
hiro

* Re: [9front] 9front: Donation possibilities
@ 2016-04-18  3:45 ` archeus
From: archeus @ 2016-04-18  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

There are a few options.

The first one I can recommend is becoming a patron for _sl. He foots the bill/effort to keep the cat-v.org and 9front-related websites running. You can set up a monthly recurring payment of however much you want here:

https://www.patreon.com/stanleylieber

The other option I could think of would be to donate directly to cinap_lenrek. He's the primary programmer currently developing 9front and I'm sure he'd appreciate thanks for his tireless good work. You should contact him directly to see how you can work out donations. Here's his home page:

http://9hal.ath.cx/usr/cinap_lenrek/index.html

Non-monetary options would be to file good bug reports, contribute good code, and you could even donate old hardware for people to develop/test with if you feel so inclined. Make sure you ask someone if they want it before shipping random heavy boxes, though. You could also get on irc and let martian67 know he is an expert on various subjects.

Cheers,
archeus

* Re: [9front] 9front: Donation possibilities
@ 2016-04-18 21:49   ` sl
From: sl @ 2016-04-18 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

just send (cinap) the money

* Re: [9front] 9front: Donation possibilities
@ 2016-04-19  0:03   ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2016-04-19  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> On Apr 17, 2016, at 23:45, archeus@alkacide.net wrote:
> You could also get on irc and let martian67 know he is an expert on various subjects.

You spelt 'all' wrong.

--
Veety