* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
       [not found] <CD2F846D01B0DC5AA7CFEC512217F5CE@ewsd.inri.net>
@ 2020-08-30 15:34 ` sirjofri+ml-9front
From: sirjofri+ml-9front @ 2020-08-30 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hey sl,

my thinkpad t61 uses acpi, I can use fshalt to shut down, but fshalt -r does not reboot. Also currently I don't use full resolution, but that has nothing to do with acpi, I guess?

Will send more info and sysinfo when I have time.

Thanks

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
@ 2020-08-30 15:57   ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2020-08-30 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On August 30, 2020 11:34:39 AM EDT, sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de wrote:
>Hey sl,
>
>my thinkpad t61 uses acpi, I can use fshalt to shut down, but fshalt -r
>does not reboot. Also currently I don't use full resolution, but that
>has nothing to do with acpi, I guess?
>
>Will send more info and sysinfo when I have time.
>
>Thanks
>
>sirjofri

do you get any output when you run aux/acpi?

sl

* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
@ 2020-08-30 16:00     ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-08-30 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> do you get any output when you run aux/acpi?
>
> sl

No -- but I do get a mounted /mnt/acpi, which contains battery, cputemp, and ctl.

* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
@ 2020-08-30 10:43   ` qwx
From: qwx @ 2020-08-30 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Shit, I misread your question and just told my life story m(

The one I lifted is from a 1871-CTO and apparently all the 1xxx
series have 915gm cards.
According to the hmm, the part number of the motherboard is 39T0324
for all of them.

qwx

* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
@ 2020-08-30 10:34   ` qwx
From: qwx @ 2020-08-30 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> > t43p with t43 igfx motherboard
>
> ...and now I've learned something.  Every T43 I've ever seen has had
> Radeon graphics.  Do you have a part number for the Intel graphics
> boards?  Presumably they're GMA900?

Actually, like my t61p's, it's just a t43p with a t43 motherboard.
The t43p (2669-A92 with a gorgeous 1600x1200 screen) I bought from
sl [1], but it overheated extremely easily, to the point it couldn't
even stay on for more than a few minutes.

I found a t43 with igfx (1871-CTO) and just transplanted the t43p
screen onto it.  It works, but the image on the display is offset
to the right about 200px, and I haven't found anything you could
do to help that, maybe I've screwed something up, dunno. On windows,
you can choose a lower resolution, and it works fine, but there's
not much more you can do about it.

But not on 9front!  Adding 915gm to igfx was trivial, and to
correct the picture offset, you just set appropriate timings in
vgadb, and you get 1600x1200 in all its glory.

I love it!  Hope this can be useful to someone.

Cheers,

qwx

[1] http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/hardware/thinkpad/t43p/2669-a92

* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
@ 2020-08-29 21:13 ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2020-08-29 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 11:09:25AM +0200, qwx wrote:
> t43p with t43 igfx motherboard

...and now I've learned something.  Every T43 I've ever seen has had
Radeon graphics.  Do you have a part number for the Intel graphics
boards?  Presumably they're GMA900?

> Thanks to sigrid and all who worked on libaml!

Agree!

khm

* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
@ 2020-08-29 16:09 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2020-08-29 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

thanks everyone, this is something to start with. somehow i missed this capability when it went into the tree.

sl

* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
@ 2020-08-29  9:09 qwx
From: qwx @ 2020-08-29  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

I don't know if you're looking for old machines as well, but
practically all of the machines I've used have had or now have
working aux/acpi, including:

w520 4260-a47
x220 4291-cc1
t61p 6457-an9 with t61 igfx motherboard
w500 4061-bm8
t60p 8741-c4g
t43p with t43 igfx motherboard
an x250 I don't have anymore, a haswell laptop similar to x240
etc.

All have readings for battery and cputemp, even the t43p
(though it gets garbage for cputemp).

       [not found] <D1845B8A96CC51885242DA0768308BD2@ewsd.inri.net>
@ 2020-08-29  5:21 ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-08-29  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sl, 9front

> see subject line.
>
> sl

Thinkpad X260. Sysinfo is here:

https://eigenstate.org/tmp/x260.txt

* Re: [9front] wanted: make, model, and sysinfo for machines with working aux/acpi
       [not found] <817AAD3B15CC4A84825FC7034358D479@ewsd.inri.net>
@ 2020-08-29  0:16 ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2020-08-29  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front