* Re: stupid ssh question
@ 2018-05-21  7:17 qwx
From: qwx @ 2018-05-21  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

Both deuteron and cinap's suggestions worked for me.

This works as is:

; aux/listen1 -t tcp!*!5900 /bin/ssh tcp!9dump!17060 socat tcp-connect:localhost:5900 stdio
; vncv $sysname	# from another window

This works if a password (I'm using one) is already in factotum, else
I don't get a prompt:

; cat <<'!' >bin/rc/vnc
/bin/ssh tcp!9dump!17060 socat tcp-connect:localhost:5900 stdio
!
; chmod +x bin/rc/vnc
; execnet
; echo 'key proto=vnc server=exec!vnc !password=setecastronomy' >/mnt/factotum/ctl
; vncv exec!vnc

Thanks deuteron and cinap!

qwx

* stupid ssh question
@ 2018-05-17 13:41 qwx
From: qwx @ 2018-05-17 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

Here's a stupid question:  on 9front, is there a way to do the equivalent of
ssh -L?

I don't have a VPN set up yet, so in the mean time, there's a remote unix
machine running a VNC server; locally, I have a unix machine do something
like:

$ ssh -CTL *:5900:localhost:5900 host 'vncshit'

Then, on a 9front box on the local network, I connect with vncv(1) to the
unix machine.  All this is just to compress and encrypt my VNC.

So my question is:  is there a way to drop the local unix machine from the
setup and do this via ssh(1) on 9front?

Thanks,

qwx